A residential institution established to provide care, protection and rehabilitation to girls ages 5 to 17 years old who are victim-survivors of sexual abuse (rape, incest, acts of lasciviousness, sexual exploitation) exploitation, abandonment, negligence and physical abuse and maltreatment.
Bahay Tuluyan provides residential services to girls who are 5 to 17 years of age and are victim-survivors of:
- Sexual Abuse – victim-survivors of rape, incest, acts of lasciviousness, sexual exploitation for money, profit or any other consideration or due to coercion or influence of any adult, syndicate or group.
- Abandonment – child having been given up or left alone
- Neglect – child not given proper attention
- Physical Abuse / Maltreatment – receives cruelty, battering or any unreasonable deprivation of basic needs that demeans her physical growth
- Social Services – provides interventions geared toward strengthening the coping capacity of the client and restore or develop their social functioning. This includes better understanding and acceptance of the cause of the client’s placement at the center.
- Homelife Services – provision of a well-balance, organized and non-formal activities in support to the treatment and rehabilitation of the residents. Includes systematic home rules and regulations as therapeutic endeavour.
- Psychological & Psychiatric Services – provision of psychological treatment and rehabilitation especially for residents whose normal functioning are affected by the traumatic experiences.
- Spiritual Enhancement and Values Formation – activities that enhance the moral and spiritual development of the residents.
- Recreational and other Socio-cultural activities – activities that promote self-esteem and social interaction among clients e.g. dancing, singing, theater arts, etc.
- Skills training activities – provides skills training activities on sewing, rug and bag-making among others. Aside from enhancing the rehabilitation of the client, each are designed discover and enhance client’s potential and creativity for future employment opportunities.
- Legal services – provision of legal services in the form of legal opinion, lawyer’s services or assistance through volunteer and retainer lawyers.
- Aftercare & follow up services – conducted in coordination with local social worker, it includes continuous assessment, regular monitoring of the clients progress at home and in the community. May also include provision of other necessary assistance to the family e.g. medical and livelihood assistance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Girls who are victim-survivors of the above stated abuses will be admitted to the Center provided that she is:
- Free from any communicable / contagious disease;
- Does not possess any form of mental illness;
- Comes from any of the municipalities / provinces
- Has the following requirements:
- referral letter
- Social Case Study Report
- Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate
Ms. BRENNIE R. SOTTO
SWO III – OIC Center Head